Business communications come in many forms, whether that is through a small device, messaging, or a phone call. Although a lot of communication is not digital video or messaging, phone calls are still very prevalent. Regardless of the size of your business, you should expect clients to call you on the phone. Although you could use your personal phone number, a better option is to have a business phone app. This allows you to forward calls, view your voicemails, and even record calls. It is the way of the future when it comes to standard phone calling and digitizing.
How Does a Business Phone App Work?
When you use a business phone system app you are essentially using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology. This takes calls over cellular networks and Wi-Fi connections but brings them to the internet. This allows you to use one single device and separate business and personal phone numbers.
Benefits of Using a Business Phone App Service
There is a reason so many small businesses are starting to use a business phone app service, it’s because they’re great! If you are an LLC owner, make sure you know the benefits of using a business phone app service so your company can too take advantage of all they have to offer.
Using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is an advanced method of technology. It allows you to make phone calls over an Internet connection which leads to fewer start-up costs. This provides a clear call that you can use from a variety of devices.
Use From Any Device
Using a business phone app means that you can work from anywhere in the world as long as you have a wifi connection. Work from a smartphone, tablet, or computer. You do not have to be tied down to where you have cell phone service.
These types of services offer unlimited calls within the United States. Sometimes you may even have unlimited calling to other parts of the world as well. You can choose your plan based on your needs. Otherwise, there are very low rates for international calls as a whole.
Compared to other systems, having a business phone app is very cost-effective. Landlines have tremendous fees when calling internationally, and in some cases, you pay by the minute. Using a business phone app is a monthly or annual fee with no added costs.
Using a Business phone app vs getting a separate phone for your business
Getting a business phone app can provide you with a host of benefits as compared to a landline. For example, you can have an auto-attendant who will answer the phone for you and send the caller to specific departments. This allows you to avoid answering that call and save money on employing someone to answer the phone. You can also do this with a virtual receptionist who answers a virtual line on your business phone app.
Virtual phone apps can also allow you to have business calls be sent to your personal device. This keeps your personal number safe and helps you to save on purchasing an entire phone. Although this call can be taken on a variety of devices, your callers will never know the difference.
What to Look for in a Business Phone App
There are a few different qualities and services that you should ensure you have when buying a business phone app.
- Call forwarding: You need to ensure that you can forward your calls to any number. This may include one or more forwarding numbers depending on your needs.
- Call transfer: On regular phones, you would need to look up the number to transfer the call. On a business phone app, this can be done automatically through the system. You should even have a company directory if needed.
- Business text messaging: Many of these apps also provide the opportunity to message inside and externally of your network.
- Custom caller ID: It is essential that your business shows how you want it to when customers call, or vice versa. You most likely want to have a local or toll-free number for customers to call.
- Call transcriptions: For important calls, you are going to want to have some record. Your business phone app should be able to transcribe these calls in real-time, so you do not have to.
- Custom voicemail greeting: You wouldn’t want your business line to answer with a generic greeting. Be sure to have the option to change your voicemail greeting so customers know who they are reaching.
Is a Business Phone App Right for You?
Having a business phone is essential, but being able to transfer it to your digital devices is even more important. Business phone apps allow you to bring phone calls into the modern world. Rather than have multiple phones, you can have digital phone lines that lead to various devices including your smartphone. Make life in the workplace easier and get a business phone app.